Welcome to Rundle Riders Therapeutic Riding Association
Volunteer in the Spring of 2017!
- Fridays start May 5 - June 16 (includes make-up day)
- Sundays start May 7 - June 18 (includes make-up day)
- No lessons on May long weekend
Volunteer Training April 30th
For further information about RRTRA, please contact Sue today.
Please mail registration and full payment to:
Rundle Riders Therapeutic Riding Association
Box 8186, Canmore, AB T1W 2T9
Our Vision for the Future
Rundle Riders is a supportive group offering horsemanship and riding opportunities for individuals with physical, intellectual and/or emotional challenges.
- To create riding opportunities for all people with all abilities in the Bow Valley.
- To facilitate the construction of a covered arena for all-weather riding.
- To become approved by Canadian Therapeutic Riding Association (CanTRA) and North American Riding for the Handicap Association (NARHA).
"The best thing for the inside of a man is the outside of a horse." ~ Written in the book Greek Xenophon (the oldest know book about riding)
- To provide people with all abilities the recreational and therapeutic benefits of horseback riding.
- To increase public understanding of the abilities of people with special needs.
- To encourage safe equine-assisted therapy through the education of volunteers and members.
The Rundle Riders started in the Bow Valley in September 2000. Our program is usually based out of the Camp Chief Hector YMCA located just east of Canmore Alberta. We are working with Cross Zee for this summer. We always appreciate donations. Thank you in advance.